The following common errors on vendor invoices can delay payment.
1. The appropriate CitiBuy PO number does not appear on the invoice.
We cannot match your invoice with your contract if we cannot find our PO number on the invoice. One time (also called Open Market) PO's begin with the letter P followed by six numbers (e.g. P512345). Master Blanket contracts, which cover City requirements over a period of time, contain the same type of PO number followed by a colon and a release number (e.g. P567890:123). Because there may be hundreds of releases against a single Master Blanket contract, it is extremely important that you include this release number on your invoices.
2. A Requisition number appears on the invoice instead of a PO number.
Requisition numbers begin with the letter R and they do not reflect an approved purchase. If you provide goods or services using a requisition number, your invoice will not be valid for payment. All valid purchase orders for your company can be found via your home page in CitiBuy. If you cannot find the purchase order in CitiBuy, it has not been issued.
3. The invoice includes items that do not appear on the PO.
The line items on your invoice should match line items on the CitiBuy PO. Inclusion of items that are not on the CitiBuy PO may eventually result in the return of your invoice for correction before payment can be processed.
4. The prices or quantities on the invoice exceed the amounts on the PO.
Your unit prices and quantities must not exceed the unit prices and quantities on the PO.
5. Your invoices are not always in the same format.
The City is scanning your invoices upon arrival. Our scanning software is learning where to find key information on your invoice in order to speed the payment process.
6. Your invoice includes tax or uncontracted freight charges.
The City is tax exempt and it will only pay freight charges that are allowed on your contract.
7. Your invoice number matches an invoice number that has already been sent to the City.
The City's systems do not allow duplicate invoice numbers for the same vendor.
8. The remit address on your invoice has not been entered into CitiBuy.
When your invoice is entered by City staff, this will enable them to quickly select the proper remit address for payment. Vendor staff who can see the Seller Administrator tab in CitiBuy have the ability to add multiple remit addresses.
9. Your invoice has not been mailed to the City's central billing address.
BUREAU OF ACCOUNTING & PAYROLL SERVICES
401 E. FAYETTE STREET, 5TH FLOOR
BALTIMORE, MD 21202
10. The City agency's name and address do not appear on your invoice.
This name and address will speed the resolution of any problems without requiring City staff to find the information on the City PO.